.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Table Love (but first, a rant)

So the Beeb and I went garage sale shopping last weekend (Ok wait, let me take a minute here to explain this.  My hubby and I started our relationship as many couples do, with the whole "baby" thing.  However, at some point along the way, his nickname morphed into "Beeb".  And the fun ensued...Beebmato, Beebmarine, Beebtastic...you get the gist.  I would like to let it be known that he has been THE Beeb for years.  YEARS.  Oh, and his name is Justin.  Sound familiar?  Justin Beeb... (disregard the spelling).  Yeah, then Mr. Justin Beiber had to come along and start masquerading as MY hubs.  The nerve.  I'm not bitter.  Really.  So anyway, when I refer to him as the Beeb, please know that he is the real Beeb.  And he's not trying to be like Justin Beiber.  Justin Beiber is trying to be like him.) 

ANYWAY.  We went garage saling.  I had my eye out for two matching end tables/night stands for our guest room.  That's the kind of thing I usually hope to find, but always end up disappointed.  Either they don't match, they're ugly beyond excuse, or ridiculously overpriced.  Well, not today!  Low and behold, two pretty little tables in need of a little love.  They were mine, and the Beeb even got them for me for 5 dollars.  Yeah, 5 dollars.  Total!  Love.  For the tables, and for the Beeb. 

While I didn't think to get a picture of both of the pretty little ladies (you could even call them sisters.  HA!  See what I did there?) together before I went to work, it did happen upon me to snap a quick picture of one of them.  And she's the prettier of the two.  You can even see the sanded leg of girlie #2 off to the left.

I've got big plans for these girlies :)  So now that you've seen their humble beginnings, stay tuned to see their spectacular turnout, later this week!

PS- not sure why these tables screamed for me to call them girlies, but they did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment