.

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Tisket, a Tasket, a Flippity Flop Basket

Today is all about a small (but ever so caauuute) solution. What is the problem? This: our foyer closet




This is the state that it can get to throughout the week when Beeb and I are coming and going at all kinds of different hours (I rotate between days and nights as a nurse and he is a teacher as well as high school tennis coach) and we don't pay any attention to maintaining order in the house once we fall through the door and veg out on the couch. Pretty bad, huh? Since our bedroom is on the second floor at the end of the hallway (oh, and we're lazy), a lot of our every day shoes end up down here, and it can get messy. And still, even if we put all our shoes away on the shoe rack, we still end up like this




We like our flip flops. Ok, I like my flip flops, and Beeb owns a pair or two of flip flops. Saaaame thing. Then saw this old basket doing nothing fun or cute in a guest room, and it reminded me of something I had seen in a magazine a little while ago.



A perfect fit! But an ugly basket. A little spray paint (what else?) fixed the ugly, but it just needed a liiitle something more. I found a little chalkboard I had gotten a few months ago at Jo Anne's, I think in one of those 2/$5 bins, and some ribbon I got at Carlton Cards when they were having a store closing/everything must go sale for something like 20 cents.




One very creative label later, I finished by securing the chalkboard to the basket with a command strip (but I cut the strip in half since it's not like it's securing anything heavy).


And here you have it, the cutest flip flop basket ever! Oh, and a solution to the chaos in the foyer.




And the best part? This was all made with things I had around the house, so it was FREE! Yes, I do love me some free. So that is how I turned a little bit of chaos


Into a little bit of summery organization.


So what do you think? Do you have shoe/foyer issues? Solutions that you've found that help keep things orderly, even when you don't have the time and energy to put everything in it's place every day?




No comments:

Post a Comment