.

Friday, December 9, 2011

The 12(ish) Decorations of Christmas

My FAVORITE time of the year is upon us....CHRISTMAS. Is there anything more wonderful, magical or precious? I mean, really?? If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I have 5, 50 gallon tubs of decorations. That's a teensy weensy lie. I actually have 6 tubs worth! And I add to it every.single.year. I'm a little obsessed...ok, A LOT obsessed. Like my sister, I decorate just about any surface. Most of the decorations you will see in this post, I've crafted myself. So come on in, grab some hot chocolate, snuggle up by the fire, smell my balsam fir Scentsy (because we haven't gotten our live tree yet), and let's take a tour of a FEW of my favorite Christmas nooks and crannies:) (please don't mind the shabby pics...I'm still holding out hope that Santa reads this and brings me a better camera)

Welcome to our home!!!


One of my favorite places is our fireplace. All of our happiest Christmas memories are contained here:)


This may just be my favorite Christmas decoration of all!

Even the kitchen sink is moved by the Christmas spirit! Come on, you know you want to do dishes surrounded by Christmas fluff!
The dining room has turned into my second favorite Christmas spot this year. All in burgundy, and gold:) Here's a good example of my obsession: I went out and bought these dishes because they worked well with my color scheme...plus they were CHEAP CHEAP at the Dollar Tree, so if little paws or fingers break them, no big woop. The tree is in the window purely for the view from the street. It will move to the corner during Christmas dinner, so that whoever sits at the end of the table doesn't get a nice helping of fake tree with their turkey.



The Elf of the Shelf doesn't live here....instead we have Santa on the Door Frame. He was made by my husband's uncle. He watches us and has a direct line to the big guy on our behavior:)

This is some of my 23+ strands of garland that are around the house...and quite possibly some of my favorite. It is from Pottery Barn and I found a great deal on it a few years back on Ebay... a TOTAL splurge, but soooo worth it...as are most PB things I guess. Sigh. Good thing I bought them before Santa started his shopping:)
I decorate between 6 and 7 trees. This little guy is my "Ode to Country Livin'" tree. Love him!!!


Not only do we deck our halls.....




We deck our doors too:) The top pic is one of my "truly says Christmas to ME" decorations. We call them "The cones". I found the idea in Southern Living (be still my heart) YEARS ago. All of the interior doors have one. I've revamped them over the years, but they ALWAYS let me know that the season is upon us. The bottom is just a cool thing to throw holly and Christmas beady stuff in:)



Even our furbaby's join in the festivities!


No matter how busy, stressed and frazzled you get, always remember the reason for the season!








No comments:

Post a Comment